FREE SHIPPING ALL ORDERS $450 AND UP!
Same Day Shipping
Our offices are currently closed in observance of the Succos Holiday.
Please note that all online orders placed during this period will be processed on Monday, October 9.
BEST 9KZ Keypad EZ Cylindrical Lock, 2-3/4" Backset, 7-Pin Housing; Accepts all BEST Cores,
DV with Key Function, Curved with Return, Keypad Trim, Standard Strike, Satin Chrome
Cylindrical Latch w/key override (DV):
Dead locking latchbolt operated by lever either side, except when outside lever is locked by internal motor drive mechanism.
Internal motor drive mechanism operated by electronic signal when presenting valid token. Green light indicates valid access. Red
light and sounder indicate invalid access attempt.
• Heavy-duty mechanical platform designed and manufactured for the toughest applications.
• The key override feature allows for mechanical access.
• 12 position keypad design with audible and visual feedback.
• Optional 8-cell battery holder for longer life, or standard 4-cell battery holder, each with AA alkaline batteries that are easily changed.
• Local factory-trained technical services are available 24 hours a day to meet any emergency need.
• Replacement parts available.
• Weather-resistant for versatile applications, including doors exposed to inclement weather.
• Remote unlock standard.
• Variable PIN length from 3-6 digits.
• Maximum of 50 users.
• All programming occurs through the keypad.
• Passage Mode privilege – authorized users can unlock device for extended periods of time.
• Deadbolt Override privilege – authorized users can gain access even when a mortise deadbolt is thrown.
• Provides for 1 Administrator PIN and 5 Supervisor PINs to allow easy management of groups of users.
9KZ – Cylindrical Specifications
Materials – Internal parts are brass, zinc or corrosion-treated steel.
Chassis – 2 1⁄16” diameter to fit 2 1⁄8” diameter hole in door.
Strike – STK Brass or bronze: 2-3/4" x 1-1/8" x 3/32". Fits standard door frame cut out as specified in ANSI A115.3
Backset – 2 3⁄4” standard, 3 3⁄4” and 5” available.
Door thickness – For doors 1 3⁄4” - 2 1⁄4” thick.
Installation – Lock dimensions requires modified door prep ANSI A156.2 Series 4000, Grade 1 to mount
Latchbolt – 9⁄16” throw.
Escutcheon – Dimensions: 10 1⁄2” H x 3 5⁄16” W x 1” D sloping down to 3⁄4”.
Lever – Made from high-quality zinc alloy. Body is approximately 1 5⁄8” in diameter: Handle is
approximately 4 3⁄4” in length (from center-line of chassis). (#14 and #15 conform to California Titles 19
Certification – UL listed For GYQS Electrically controlled single point locks or latches for use on
3 hour A label doors. The listing applies for both U.S. and Canadian applications.
Primary power – 4 AA batteries (standard). 8 AA batteries for longer life, or 4 cell shrink wrapped battery pack (optional)
*Two phase battery warning system is given via audible and visual responses reducing the potential for complete power loss.
Memory backup – Maintains programming indefinitely.
Relative humidity – 10% to 90% non-condensing.
Shock – 2000 Gs RMS (maximum door-slam shock)
Compliance – Compliance to FCC, Canadian, and European EMC requirements; for interference FCC Class A digital apparatus
Bezel size – 2 5⁄8” x 3 3⁄8”
Material – Bezel–high impact ABS, Keypad–encapsulated elastomer.
ESD Protection – 15KV.
Button operating life – 3-5 million cycles.
Button operating force – 3.88 ounces.
Sealing – Weatherproof lens and gasket provides protection for outdoor use (Usable in most environmental/exterior applications)