FREE SHIPPING ALL ORDERS $450 AND UP!
Same Day Shipping
Our offices are currently closed in observance of the Succos Holiday.
Please note that all online orders placed during this period will be processed on Monday, October 9.
Grade 1 Classroom Cylindrical Lock, SFIC Less Core, Non-handed
Function: Classroom (R) ANSI # F84
• Latch operated by rotating the inside knob, turning the key in the outside knob or rotating the outside knob when
not locked by key
• Outside knob locked and unlocked by turning the key in the outside knob
• Inside knob always unlocked
8K Series – Features:
• Quick, economical rekeying with the BEST® interchangeable core.
• Knobs machined from brass or bronze bar stock.
• Rotating knob face provides for easy hand of door change without removing the knob.
• No keeper hole on keyed knobs for added security.
• Keyed knob removable only after the core is removed.
• The tactile or knurled knob feature designed for blind, safety and accessibility applications.
• Friction insert inside rose resists loosening.
• The optional breakaway feature prevents the lockset from being overpowered by a wrench.
• 9/16" throw, deadlocking latch.
• Spin free knob feature permits the lock to be operated only by use of a key.
• Steel retractor with low friction bearings for smooth, wear resistant operation.
• Long bearing length in chassis for smooth, wear resistant operation.
Products covered by one or more of the following patents: 5,590,555 5,794,472
Materials Internal parts are brass or corrosion-treated steel.
Chassis: 2 1/16" diameter to fit 2 1/8" hole in door.
Backset: 2 3/4"
Cylinder: SFIC Prep 6 to 7 Pins - Less Core
Latch: 9/16" throw. Front 2 1/4 x 1 1/8" beveled. Latch housing fits 1" hole in edge of door.
Knobs Diameter: 2 1/8" Projection from door– 2 7/8" #4, #6 Knob Material – Machined from solid brass or bronze.
Roses: All roses are brass or bronze reinforced with steel liner. Roses are threaded to chassis. A – round, 3 3/4" diameter;
Door Thickness: Adjustable from 1 3/8" to 2” standard. Special “E” trim for 2 1/8" to 3” doors available.
The “B” style square trim is for doors 1 3/4" to 2” only.
Strike: (S3) – 4 7⁄8" x 1 1/4" with curved lip and box available (ANSI A115.2).
The 8K Cylindrical Lock meets or exceeds the following standards:
Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association: 8K series – Listed by BHMA for A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 1.
Underwriters Laboratories®: 8K series – Listed by Underwriters Laboratories for use on 3 Hr, A label for single or
double swinging doors.
California State Fire Marshal: 8K series – Listed with California State Fire Marshal.Door thickness – Available for 1 3/4"
to 2 1/4" doors only. Spacers available for 1 3/8" doors.